Son of Earth Butterfly Bicolor
In 2012, ArtyA’s CEO and designer Yvan Arpa created the Son of Earth collection – and endowed it with the most beautiful and living things the Earth has to offer. One of the first designs in the line was the Butterfly.
ArtyA is bringing some change and fresh colour to its traditional cases, with shades in the Son of Earth Butterfly collection:
- Chocolate: “Butterfly Delicacy”
- Black: “Butterfly Pasionaria”
- Blue: “Butterfly Blue Lagoon”
- And now Bicolor: Steel & Gold, “Butterfly Bicolor”
- ArtyA’s dial artist Dominique Arpa-Cirpka offers a new creative take each time; for these magnificent cases, the result is a high-flying artistic composition – featuring a kaleidoscope of butterfly wing fragments.These miniature works of art draw your gaze into a dream world in which beauty reigns supreme.These watches don’t simply reproduce the design, style and colour of a butterfly. Under the strict control of the relevant authorities, and with their full consent, since 2010 artist D. Arpa-Cirpka successfully incorporated genuine butterfly wings within the dial. All of ArtyA’s DNA is distilled inthese timepieces: unique, tailor-made watches that are highly creative – and completely unprecedented in the field of watchmaking.
“Our tagline says ‘Unique Pieces’, and we mean it,” says Yvan Arpa with a smile. “Our collections used to be very much focused on a man’s world; the Farfalla line brings a gentle breeze of something new, enabling us to engage a whole new gamut of sensibilities. Indeed, the previous inset models sold very quickly.”
The subtle butterfly wings from the Lepidoptera family are also enhanced with gold leaf. The blend of green, orange and black hues amid the gold leaf creates a unique colour balance; the interplay of the matching shades makes it look as if the gold is actually part of the wings themselves. Each tone naturally finds its place, the very particular texture of the butterfly wings reflecting light in an ever-changing way – varying with the place, the atmosphere and the time of day.
ArtyA really has outdone itself with the Butterfly, creating a living watch, alive with perpetual movement. The wearer sports a timepiece that will remain discreet when concealed by a sleeve – but which comes to life when the Butterfly is exposed to the light, displaying all-new reflections each time.
The timepiece uses a Swiss Made three-hand automatic caliber and is set on a black leather strap featuring black hand-sewn top-stitching. This sober finish creates a discreet, authentic effect – all the better to highlight the natural beauty of the butterfly wings displayed on the Farfalla’s dial.